New Characters for XXXX (year) was a recurring sketch on Late Night with Conan O'Brien where the writing staff would try out brand new character ideas in hopes that they might become recurring. The sketch was later nenamed just to "Late Night New Characters".
EditionsEdit[[Episode 01/03/2001 Lorraine Bracco / Benicio Del Toro / Andy Blitz|New Characters for 2001 (01/03/2001)]]:
- Toots Hampton, the Rastafarian with a bad comb-over"
- Steve Croswell, the guy who is only confident when speaking through a paper towel roll"
- Mike Schueler, the guy from Michigan who tells people where he is from in a creepy way
- Taylor Bradford, the male model on death row
- Miles Hentoff, the caricaturist with his own personal style
- Captain PUNishment
- Preparation H Raymond
- Leif Sverderson, the passive-aggressive Viking
- Hot Coffee Man
- Frat Boy Jesus
- The Guy Who's Protected From 3-Inch Bees
- Brother Thaddeus, the tone-deaf monk
- The Guy Who Swears He Doesn't Stuff His Pants
- Cyberg, the Jewish cyborg
- Webejiah, the mad prophet who predicts upcoming episodes of shows on The WB
- Brandy Johnson
- Number Two, the suicidal pencil
- Bernie Laroux, the vain derelik
- The Guy Who Doesn't Know He's The Next Character
- Sally Simpson, Jessica and Ashley's even less talented sister
- The guy who's being told he was a character early, but he still doesn't understand
- Adrian "Raisin" Foster, the rock and roll folk singer